NATIONAL ACREDITATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE AUTHORITY (NAQAA)
The Ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (MoHERST) recently completed the development of the National Accreditation and Quality Assurance Authority (NAQAA) Act. The Bill is already enacted by Parliament to legally establish the National Accreditation and Quality Assurance Authority.
The Authority will be the regulatory body responsible for the accreditation and quality assurance of all tertiary and higher education institutions in the Gambia. In other words, NAQAA will oversee the establishment, registration and accreditation of these institutions to ensure the delivery of quality tertiary education across the country.
A regulatory framework has also been developed in order to guide the implementation of the Accreditation and Quality Assurance Act for tertiary and higher education institutions.
The approved members of the Governing Council are listed below according to the institutions they represent:
- Mr Edrissa Mass Jobe – Chairperson
- Mr Abdoulie Touray – Deputy Chairperson
- Dr Cherno Omar Barry – Member
- Mrs Naffie Barry – Member
- Mr Baboucarr Boye – Member
- Mr Muhammed Jah – Member
- Mr Abdoulie Jafuneh – Member
- Dr Dinesh Shukla – Member
- Mr Wasiu O. Adebayo – Member
- Mr Alieu Secka – Member
- Mrs Jahou S. Faal – Member
- NAQAA CEO – Member